Your Sun Prairie Home Improvement Checklist and How a Handyman Can Help
Most homeowners in Sun Prairie take pride in doing household odd jobs when they come up. But when the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, most of us don’t want to be cooped up inside cleaning and tinkering around the home.
Cypress Building & Remodeling LLC is dedicated to helping Sun Prairie homeowners keep their homes in good working order. That’s why we’ve put together this checklist of can’t-miss items that any home improvement pro should know. Check it out!
During the summer months, the backyard is a glorious place. But during our bitter Wisconsin winters you’re not going to be able to do much yard work. That’s why it’s crucial to get a head start on fall frost with the following tasks:
- Garden Work Pull weeds, trim the shrubs, and rake the leaves! You should do a full day of garden maintenance work every year.
- Check Stonework, Patios and Decks Any scrapes or misaligned stones? What about peeling paint or varnish? Do a full inspection of the ‘hardscapes’ in your yard and keep a list of what needs to be done come the annual spring clean, then call Cypress Building & Remodeling LLC and we’ll take care of the painting, sealing and sanding!
- Power Washing Just because you can’t wash the exterior of your home by hand doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done. Buy or rent a power washer and scour all the surfaces in the exterior of your home to remove caked-on dirt and grime.
- Wash Outdoor Furniture Did you know that outdoor decks and chairs are prime real estate for mold and mildew growth? Don’t forget to add this to your annual cleaning list!
Indoor Cleaning and Maintenance Checklist
The average home will have about 30-40 tasks that need doing depending on the size and state of the house. An older home may have even more. But by being organized you can turn the inspection into an afternoon’s work with several other short-term projects. We’ve divided our checklist into different rooms and sections of the house for easier work.
- Plumbing and Bathrooms Leaky faucets? Clogged drains? These are major annoyances and can damage your home over time. But you don’t always need to call in a plumber. See if you can fix the issue by yourself or call Cypress Building & Remodeling LLC.
- Kitchen If you’re like most Sun Prairie residents, you probably take care of the basic kitchen cleanliness—surfaces, floors, dishes—at least a couple times a week. But once a year, take the time to clean the range hood and behind the refrigerator too.
- Stairs and Basements If your stair railing comes loose, someone could be seriously hurt. And your basement can experience minor flooding that could be fixed with a little elbow grease.
- Doors Is your doorknob safely attached? Are your locks secure? Have a handyman check these out from time to time.
Keep checking out our list—we’ll add to it! If you need help with regular household odd jobs and home maintenance in Sun Prairie, call Cypress Building & Remodeling LLC!